Saturday, July 25, 2009

1st paying cake


As everyone can see lately I have been baking up a storm.  Since January I have made 2 male cakes, 4 females, a truck, a pig, a frog, a Jeep, 1 "flower pot", and a marvelous chocolate cake.  On Friday I finished and delivered my first cake I got paid for.  
It was the same as SuperMom's cake but with 40 red roses and looked a lot better.  Originally it was supposed to be a white chocolate truffle frosting, but yet again it didn't turn out, so I used a regular butter cream frosting.  The flavor of the cake part itself was amazing.  But the temperature everywhere was too hot and made the frosting too soft to stay smooth.
The husband who hired me loved the cake and on Monday I will find out how the wife liked it.
I did learn that the fat content in white chocolate makes it impossible to turn it into a chocolate truffle frosting using the recipe that I have.  I think it would taste great and I will blog about experimenting with that later.

1 comment: