Thursday, June 4, 2009

SuperMom's Cake



Today is SuperMom's birthday, she is 33.  I have been making wonderful and tasty cakes for a few months now and i decided to make SuperMom a beautiful two tier white cake with a white chocolate truffle frosting with 33 roses on the top tier.  It all started out great.















I made 11 red and orange roses and 12 purple (just incase).  Ok there were 11 orange and 11 dark orange, I used red coloring, but still turned out dark orange.  


Wednesday I get home from work and start looking for my cookbooks with the 2 recipes I was going to make, they are both missing.  I searched and searched, Gus found the one with the frosting and the other one is still missing.
















I gathered all the ingredients for the frosting.  I began with mixing 1/2 cup light corn syrup with 3 cups whipping cream (I was doubling the recipe cause it was going to be a big cake) in a sauce pan.  I brought that to a simmer, added the white chocolate chips and vanilla.  I waited the 2 minutes it calls for then I stirred and chilled it.  The Dr. Pepper was to clam me down if I needed it...


While I waited, I made the cake.  I gathered everything and did great the batter looked and tasted wonderful.  I popped it into the oven and clean up a little.  About 15 minutes into the baking I looked over and saw my 6 egg whites waiting to be added to batter (I just made a cake with no eggs).  I started all over with the cake, this time remembering the eggs.  It turned out perfectly this time.


When the frosting finally cooled I put it in my mixing bowl and started to beat it.  Unfortunately I beat it too long and it is the chunks your get right before full blown butter.  I still used it, ‘cause at 11 o’clock at night you really don’t care what anything looks like anymore.  



SuperMom should be here in a few minutes for coffee, and we will see then what she thinks of it.

2 comments:

  1. It's BOOTIFUL!! Did she like it? How come you haven't taken the protective coating off the washer? Annie says the frosting makes it look like flowers in a vase, all textured-like! Yes, I'm looking at this at work, I am bad.

    ReplyDelete